Saturday, January 28, 2012

What I am eating. Feb. 2012


I think I am going to start keeping a blog record of the foods that I am eating on a day to day basis. I will try to post as often as I can and let you know how I am doing and how it is making me feel. My number one goal is to not get sick. So far so good! I also want to keep my energy levels high. When I gave up eating wheat, processed sugar, and most animal products I have had so much more energy and I haven't gotten sick in a while!



Wednesday 2-29-12
Breakfast - Kale and fruit smoothie
Snack - blueberries and organic banana chips
Lunch - left over bean nachos
Dinner - salad with blackened Mahi
Dessert - popcorn

Tuesday 2-28-12
Breakfast - Gluten Free toast with organic strawberry preserves
Lunch - Potato and corn chowder
Snack - Blueberries
Dinner - Bean nachos with guacamole and tomatoes
Dessert - spoonful of coconut oil

Monday 2-27-12
Breakfast - Fruit smoothy
Lunch - Bean and rice dip with veggy chips.  Baby Carrots
Snack - blueberries
Dinner - Corn and potato chowder

Thursday 2-23-12
Breakfast - carrot, celery, apple juice
Snack - cashews and jumbo raisins
Lunch - leftover tacos
Dinner - Meatloaf Cupcakes

Wednesday 2-22-12
Breakfast - G.F. cereal and a cup of coconut water
Lunch - Organic vegetable soup
snack - ice crackers
Dinner  - Taco night

Tuesday 2-21-12
Breakfast - RAW Banana Sandwich
Lunch - salad with blackened mahi on top.
Snack- walnuts and rice cakes
Dinner - RAW Flax/Chia Crackers with extra sharp cheddar cheese. just a little. Vegetable soup
Dessert - popcorn
I am fasting chocolate today. I usually have a piece of chocolate everyday because it is my weakness. I have decided to fast it and see how it goes. Whenever I get the craving to eat some chocolate I will pray instead!!

Wednesday 2-15-12
Breakfast - celery, carrot, apple juice
Snack - nuts
Lunch - left over spaghetti and baby carrots
Snack - rice cakes
Dinner - Organic vegetable soup
Dessert - 2 kiwi's

Tuesday 2-14-12 ( Valentines Day )
Breakfast - celery, carrot, apple juice
Lunch -  RAW Banana Sandwich , baby carrots, blueberries
snack - mini rice cakes
Dinner - spaghetti with ground deer and olives. Salad.
Since I am wheat sensitive I usually don't eat any. I have been doing a little experiment with probiotics to see if they help me digest wheat products when I do eat them. If I eat something with wheat I have been taking one serving of probiotics after and so far it has worked to help me digest the wheat without the horrible cramps that I would normally have. Just a suggestion to those who have have a hard time digesting some foods.
Dessert - strawberries and banana's dipped in Dark chocolate

Sunday 2-12-12
Breakfast - celery, carrot, apple juice
Brunch - RAW Banana Sandwich
Lunch - salad with blackened mahi and quinoa
Snack - blueberries
Dinner -

Saturday 2-11-12 
Breakfast - Celery, carrot, apple juice.
Lunch - Salad with blackened salmon and quinoa
Dinner - Jambalaya

Friday 2-10-12
Breakfast - G.F. cereal with rice milk. Coconut water
Snack - some nuts and dried fruit
Lunch - RAW Flax/Chia Crackers
Snack - walnut trail mix my husband put together for me. Walnuts, cashews, jumbo raisins, pumpkin seeds, and chocolate chips. It was a really good combination
Went to the rock climbing gym after work
Dinner - Millers Cafe in Christiana. If you have never been, you should definitely go. I have Salmon Patties, corn nuggets, mashed potatoes, and a couple of hushpuppies.

Thursday 2-9-12
Breakfast - G.F cereal with rice milk. A cup of coconut water
Snack - BBQ poped potato chips from Trader Joe's. So good you will want to eat the whole bag
Lunch - salad and left over corn and potato chowder. If I make a large pot of soup or chili, I will usually freeze some in glass containers for lunches or dinners in the near future.
Went to the gym after work.
Dinner - RAW Banana Sandwich .. Mmmmmm so good!

Wednesday 2-8-12
Breakfast - Carrot, celery, apple juice with added coconut water
Lunch - left over jambalaya
Snack - rice crackers and nuts
Went to the rock climbing gym after work
Dinner - salad with blackened salmon

Tuesday 2-7-12
Breakfast - carrot, celery, apple juice. RAW Banana Sandwich
Snack - nuts and dried fruit
Lunch - Leftover bean and deer with carrot sticks. I know this sounds weird but it was really good. Like carrots and hummus. It was refried beans, black beans, ground deer meat, and tomatoes and taoc seasoning.
Dinner - Jambalaya

Sunday 2-5-12
Breakfast - carrot, apple, celery juice...Mmmmm
Snack - baked rice crackers
Lunch - skipped and went to the rock climbing gym. Didn't skip lunch on purpose I guess I was just full enough from my juice and crackers.
Dinner - Deer nachos; blue corn chips, black beans, refried beans, lettuce, rice, and ground deer meat

RAW Banana Sandwich are on the way. I am making the bread for these in the dehydrator right now!!! 

Saturday 2-4-12
Breakfast - G.F. cereal with blueberries
Snack - raisins and cashews
Lunch - Salomon patties (homemade) with mashed potatoes and corn
Dinner - Salad Bar at Jason's Deli.

Thursday 2-2-12
Breakfast - bowl of fruit. Strawberries, blueberries, and kiwi
Lunch - Gerst Haus; amazingly delicious. Salmon cakes with mashed potatoes and baked beans. It also comes with a small salad and cornbread cakes. Not really cake, like a pancake made out of cornbread batter.
Dinner - left overs from dinner
***Went to Trader Joe's today and got a ton of fantastic healthy foods. I mostly got stuff for my snacks and lunches. If you get a chance to shop at a Trader Joe's sometime I would highly recommend it. It is like a whole foods grocery store with normal grocery store prices. ;-)

Wednesday 2-1-12
Breakfast - Green Juice, Gluten Free cereal with blueberries
Snack - granola bar
Lunch - vegetable soup with vegetable crackers
Dinner - Blackened Salomon on top of salad
I put the some RAW Flax/Chia Crackers and pineapple slices in the dehydrator. They should be done tomorrow. They will make great snacks!

Tuesday 1-31-12
Breakfast - Green Juice
1 hour of gym before work
Snack - all natural rice cakes
Lunch - Salad with yellow rice
Snack - fruit: strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, banana
Lunch - Organic Vegetable soup
Monday 1-30-12
Breakfast - Green Juice
Snack - cashews and raisins
Lunch - left over potato and corn chowder, with fresh fruit; strawberries, kiwi, banana, and blueberries
Dinner - We have dinner every Monday at our church. Chicken, rice, baked vegetable, salad. I splurged and had a dessert. It was pudding with whip topping and berries.
Extra Special Snack - It was a special day so my husband made me Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries!! mmmmmm. one of my favorites!!!

Saturday 1-28-12
Breakfast- Gluten Free Cereal with rice milk
Lunch - A salad with chopped up cauliflower and broccoli on it.
Snack - RAW dates
Dinner - potato and corn chowder with added vegetables.
Dessert - RAW cacao peanut butter cups

I am not a perfect eater by any means but I do try to eat healthy everyday. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. Christina...Would love to see any Gluten Free recipies that you might have tried....Thanks!

    ReplyDelete