Thursday, February 2, 2012

RAW Flax/Chia Crackers

If you know all the benefits that chia and flax seeds have to offer I think you will really enjoy this recipe. It is supper easy and can be stored for weeks.

I soaked about 1 cup of flax seeds in about 2 cups of water for at least 2 hours. The longer the better I think. Right before spreading the mixture onto the dehydrator sheets I added 1 cup of chia seeds. I also added a Tbsp of turmeric and some salt and red pepper. You can add whatever spices you like best. Salt and pepper is pretty good too. After mixing everything well I spread it out onto the dehydrator sheets. Set your temperature to about 110 degrees and leave overnight, or until very dry.
Right after you spread the mixture you can score it so that it is easier to break after it is dried.






No comments:

Post a Comment