Thursday, November 24, 2011

Zula's Sweet Potato Casserole

This is my husbands Great Aunt Zula's,  Family Famous Sweet Potato Casserole. With slight modifications ;-). I reduces the amount of butter and sugar.

For Filling

  • 3 cups mashed sweet potato
  • 1/4 cup butter softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla


Mash all ingredients together and put in casserole dish. Smooth out top.

Topping

  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/3 cup flour ( I used gluten Free flour)
  • 1 cup chopped nuts
  • 1/3 cup butter softened


cream ingredients together till crumbly. Evenly distribute over casserole.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Tip: I baked my sweet potatoes for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees to get them soft. The skin comes right off of them after you bake them.

1 comment: