Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sausage and Tomato Quiche

I am in Love with this Quiche. I like to make it for any occasion I can and sometimes for no occasion at all!

1 8 inch pie crust baked ( I make my own)
1 cup shredded cheese  (I use cheddar)
1 pack of beef sausage cooked and cut into pieces
2 egg yolks
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp dried red pepper flakes
2 cups whipping cream ( I substitute rice milk or reg. milk sometimes)
1 large tomato ( deseeded) Make sure all liquid is removed before putting on quiche. Too much liquid        
                          will make quiche not firm up properly)
1 tsp dried oregano


  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 
  2. Place cheese and sausage in pie  crust.
  3. Beat egg yolks, egg, salt, and pepper flakes. Mix in cream. Pour into pie crust.
  4. Place tomato slices in a circular pattern on top of quiche. Sprinkle with oregano.
  5. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees, reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake for another 40 minutes or until tester comes out clean. 
  6. Let stand for 10 then serve. 
(Make sure all liquid is removed from tomato before putting on quiche. Too much liquid will make quiche not firm up properly)


2 comments:

  1. I would love to make this next week! How do you make your own pie crust? Do you have the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added the recipe for the pie crust. The directions seem long but once you make it once it is super easy.

    ReplyDelete