Saturday, June 11, 2011

Black Bean Lasagna

This is an easy and delicious dinner option. It took me about 15 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to bake. It has a mexican style to it in flavor.

1 cup of pepper and onion mix
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 cup of salsa  ( I use mild )
1 can of black beans
1 can of pinto beans
one pack of corn tortillas ( 18 count pack is perfect)
some grated cheese for the top


  1. Sautee onions and peppers with a little olive oil
  2. Add tomatoes, salsa, beans and cook for a few minutes on medium heat
  3. Layer tortillas and sauce like you would a lasagna. I placed a layer of tortillas on the bottom and had with three layers of both. 
  4. Top it off with some grated cheese
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minute. If your oven tends to burn things, place foil over the top for first 15 minutes. 



2 comments:

  1. I have a version of Black Bean Lasagna that I make. Let me know if you'd like to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete