Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pineapple Zucchini Bread

While searching for a recipe for zucchini Bread I realized that they all had tones of sugar in them. So, I was left to make up a recipe that was healthy enough to make but also tasty enough to eat.  I was pleased with the way this bread came out. The raisins give it the sweet touch that it needed since it only has 2 Tbsp of sugar in it.

1 c. shredded zucchini
1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, sugarless
1/2 c. melted butter
2 Tbsp sugar. I used Rapadura 
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking power
1 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 c. raisins 
2 c. flour





4 comments:

  1. How long do you bake, and what temp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe I forgot to add that. I think it was 350 degrees for 30 minutes. I would just set a timer to 20 minute and check it every 10 minutes after that to see if it is done. Stick it with a knife to see if inside it done. Cupcakes will bake a lot faster than a loaf of bread will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I could do some substitutions? Coconut oil for butter, honey for sugar and gluten free baking mix for the flour?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think that would work. let me know how it turns out if you try it.

    ReplyDelete