Friday, May 20, 2011

RAW Zesty Lemon Balls

For a treat that has no added sugar, these sure do taste like a dessert to me!
These Lemon Balls are so easy to make. The prep time is about 10-15 minutes and the ingredient's list is very short.


Ingredients:

1 cup pitted dates, chopped
Lemon Juice - 1/4 cup
2 tsp. lemon zest
1 cup raw walnuts
1 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes

    Preparation:

    1. Place in a food processor all ingredients except coconut flakes.
    2. Pulse until completely mixed. The mixture will be a bit sticky.
    3. Dampen your hands and roll spoonfuls of the mixture into bite size balls.
    4. Drop the balls into a bowl of water. This will help the coconut stick to them better.
    5. Pack the shredded coconut onto the balls and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.


    1 comment:

    1. Funny, I just made these last week. Can't remember where I got the recipe but it was the same one. I think I posted it on my blog.

      ReplyDelete