Thursday, March 1, 2012

What I am eating, March 2012

February food blogging went very well. I am hoping with the warmer weather that March will bring that it will motivate me to continue to eat healthy. I am hoping to add a few new recipes also. So far this year I have not been sick; I give the praise to the Lord for this blessing and for the opportunity to eat healthier than I have before . I also have had plenty of energy for all the activity I do.

Sunday 2-25-12
So I haven't added any posts in a while. I have been having a little bit of trouble out of my allergies for the past 2 weeks. Basically what I have been doing for the last 2 weeks is juicing for two meals and eating one solid meal.  Lots of soups and fruit. I tried local honey with mint tea and that seems to help also. So far right now I feel great.  I am hoping that it is over for the year! I really think doing all the vegetable juicing helped a ton; oh, and I prayed A LOT! That probably helped the most.

Friday 3-16-12
Breakfast - juice
Snack - more juice
Lunch - Bubble and squeak. An Irish dish
Dinner -

Thursday 3-15-12
Breakfast - juice
Lunch - hummus with carrots and cauliflower
snack - Dates as a Snack
Dinner - Bubble and squeak. An Irish dish made with cabbage, potatoes, and country sausage ( beef)

Wednesday 3-14-12
Breakfast - juice
Snack - more juice
Lunch - organic vegetable soup
Dinner - Fish tacos with french fries

Tuesday 3-13-12
I started to get a sore throat last night from allergies so I decided to eat vegan and gluten free today. This should be easier for my body to digest therefore leaving extra energy to fight off this funk!
Breakfast - Grapefruit, carrot, celery, kale, beet juice
Lunch - hummus with carrots and cauliflower. strawberries
Snack - baked veggie chips
Dinner - Gluten Free veggie patty ( mostly made out of quinoa)  with sweet potato tater tots

Monday 3-12-12
Breakfast - Grapefruit, carrot, celery, apple, beet juice
Lunch - Organic vegetable soup
snack - hummus with veggies
Dinner -

Sunday 3-11-12
Breakfast - Grapefruit, carrot, celery, apple, beet juice
Lunch - hummus with carrots and cauliflower.
Snack - jumbo raisins and banana chips
Dinner - one crab cake ( they were out of salmon patties at Gerst Haus) mashed potatoes, baked beans, and corn bread.

Saturday 3-10-12
Breakfast - carrot, celery, kale, apple juice
Lunch - hummus and veggies
Dinner - Gluten Free pizza with turkey pepperonis, pineapple, and olives. I bought the pre-made thin crusts and added the toppings I like. It was so good!!

Friday 3-9-12
Breakfast - celery, kale, beet, apple juice
Lunch - Organic vegetable soup
Snack - banana chips
Dinner - Salad with quinoa and blackened mahi

Thursday 3-8-12
Breakfast - carrot, apple, celery, beet, pineapple juice
Snack - cashews and raisins
Lunch/Dinner - late lunch early dinner. Lemon pepper trout with mashed potatoes and green beans

Tuesday 3-6-12
Breakfast - kale, carrot, beet, pineapple, apple and celery juice
Snack - banana chips, cashews
Lunch - Organic vegetable soup
snack - hummus with cauliflower and baby carrots
Dinner - salad with blackened mahi
Dessert - we splurged and had a mini date night and got some frozen yogurt!

Monday 3-5-12
Breakfast - Homemade orange juice and Gluten free cereal
Lunch - chicken sandwich on gluten free bread. Hummus with cauliflower and baby carrots
Snack - nuts and jumbo raisins
Dinner - salad and veggie chips

Sunday 3-4-12
Breakfast - Kale, carrot, apple juice
Lunch - a few ravioli and some nuts
Dinner -

Saturday 3-3-12
Breakfast - Organic Cara orange
Lunch - Veggie chips
Dinner - portobella mushroom and tilapia breaded in organic cornmeal
Snack- We got our new juicer tonight and had to try it. We juiced a few Cara Cara navel oranges. The best orange juice I have ever had!

Friday 3-2-12
Breakfast - carrot, celery, apple juice
Snack - dates
Lunch - salad with a hard boiled egg and pumpkin seeds
Dinner - Prosciutto wrapped chicken breast stuffed with asiago cheese over risotto. Green beans and a house salad. This was the catered meal at a wedding we went to at Union Station. 


Thursday 3-1-12
Breakfast - carrot, celery, apple juice
Snack- Blueberries and banana chips
Lunch - salad with blackened Mahi
Dinner - RAW Flax/Chia Crackers pizzas. I put a scoop of tomato sauce and a small slice of cheddar on top of the crackers. Topped it with half on an olive.
Dessert - 2 kiwi's

No comments:

Post a Comment