Saturday, August 4, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. Gluten and Sugar Free

Let me start off by saying WOW. I was really surprised by the results of this recipe. When I first saw this recipe I had my doubts, but curiosity got the best of me and I had to try them. I am glad that I did. Not only is this recipe cheap, about 3 dollar to make a dozen and a half, but they are actually good! Its hard to find a dessert that is good and not terrible for you. On a scale of 1-10 I would give these an 8. They are best when warm. If you don't like chickpeas, don't worry, you can't taste them in the recipe.


Ingredients:

  • 1 1/4 cups canned organic chickpeas (garbanzo beans), well-rinsed and laid out to dry
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter 
  • 1/4 cup honey 
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt 
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips ( I used dark chocolate chips)
Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350°F. Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and then process some more. Put in the chocolate chips and pulse once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky. With wet hands, form into 1 1/2" balls. Place onto parchment paper or a sprayed cookie sheet. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don't do much rising. Bake for about 10 minutes. Yields about a dozen and a half.








No comments:

Post a Comment